Antimicrobial Stewardship in the Ontario Dairy Industry
Ontario Dairy Industry
Page 01 /
Page 01 /
The Goal of this FAAST Review is to:
- Describe how dairy producers and their veterinarians can practice antimicrobial stewardship without compromising animal health and welfare
- Discuss the implementation of selective dry cow therapy programs, and the importance of colostrum management to reduce calf disease
- Review how dairy producers can tackle mastitis through managing the environment and the use of bacterial culture to ensure proper antimicrobial selection
What You’ll Learn/Topics Covered:
- How to identify mastitis infections in your lactating herd and when it is necessary to treat them
- The use of selective dry cow therapy and how to implement this program on your farm
- The importance of colostrum management to reduce failure of passive transfer in calves to reduce disease and ensure performance
How Does it Work?
Each FAAST Review provides tools and resources as part of a learning module. Once inside the FAAST Review, you can review the material at your own pace. Follow along with us from page to page to learn the material as we’ve developed it OR choose your own adventure and use the links on the side of each page to explore the content however you like. Click the button below to get started.